The 329-Series MPRS is a rocket launcher developed and manufactured by Steiner-Bisley GmbH.
The rocket launcher is the largest weapon in the game, taking up 3x8 (24) blocks of inventory space and having a substantial draw time. Ammunition is fairly rare, but the rocket launcher is devastating, able to take down even mechs and bosses in short order. For loading, the rocket is inserted into the rocket launcher by a breech in the middle of the tube. The sight is a flat and foldable screen.
The weapon can be fitted with a unique mod allowing the rockets to lock on to targets.
- Detroit, second floor inside Derelict Row lying on a trolley along with 2 rockets.
- In the underground section of FEMA facility with the patrolling bot inside Highland Park, along with some rockets. It will be lying in the area to the left from where you enter, past the wall of pipes blocking access.
- Purchasable from the merchant in Hung Hua Hotel.
- Resting against crates halfway between the two control rooms on the far side of the Tai Yong Medical hangar.
- Belltower Shipyard, locked room on the left sublevel of the outside area. Rooms are guarded by a ceiling mounted turret.
- Panchaea, in a large hall in the "Port of Entry"-section. It is found by climbing a ladder hidden in the vents.
- The rocket launcher can be sold for 2000 credits.
- The rocket launcher takes up 3 x 8 (24) slots in the inventory.
- During the cinematic where Adam Jensen and Faridah Malik are ambushed by Belltower Associates, a Belltower soldier uses the rocket launcher to take down Malik's VTOL. Interestingly, the rocket doesn't strike the VTOL, but generates an EMP pulse that takes it down. This is the only time the rocket launcher is shown to be used in such manner, as EMP rockets are not available in actual gameplay.
Behind the scenes
- It appears to be based on the SMAW (Shoulder-Launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon) rocket launcher.
- The muzzle of the tube is the same as the MBT LAW missile launcher.
- Early descriptions imply the weapon was to have been able to use both anti-tank HEAT and general use high-explosive dual-purpose (HEDP) rounds. Only the latter are actually available in the final game.