The 4x weapon scope comes with a low-profile, tactical-style elevation turret. The multi-coated lenses offer maximum clarity and edge-to-edge sharpness. Its telescoping sighting device, equipped with a 4x optical magnification and crosshairs, is designed to extend the user's effective range. This attachment is compatible with most weapons on the market.
The scope provides a moderately-magnified precision optic that can greatly assist the player in acquiring distant targets and landing accurate shots on them, effectively turning certain weapons into low-powered sniper rifles at a small loss of peripheral vision
Certain weapons can accept both a Holosight and a 4x Scope. When both attachments have been added to a weapon, only one of them can be toggled used at once. The weapon loadout screen can be used to toggle between the Holosight and the 4x Scope.
Comparison with sniper rifle scopes
- Battle Rifle – standard and elite variants (+15 Accuracy)
- Combat Rifle – standard and elite variants (+15 Accuracy)
Several other weapons come with scopes already included.
- The following locations are for the main game only. For locations in DLC missions, see the respective walkthrough articles for Desperate Measures, System Rift, and A Criminal Past.
- Sold by Tars at Jensen's apartment building (Zeleň Apartments). One is available upon each of the three visits to Prague.
- Task Force 29 Headquarters, in a locked safe inside Jim Miller's office accessed during M9: Checking Out the Men in Charge. Reveal the safe by pressing a button under the desk. This scope is not available until the second visit to Prague.
- Sold by Louis Gallois.
- During the "Access the Elevator" objective, which takes place in the Ridit Station, find an industrial-size poster printer at the southwest corner of level 1. The 4x Scope is located behind the large rolls of paper.
- Hangar 2, weapons storage closet at the shooting range.