This augmentation is installed from the augmentation canister that also includes Environmental Resistance. Since there are three torso slots and more than one copy of this canister, it is possible to acquire both Aqualung and Environmental Resistance by using a second copy of the canister.
Description[edit | edit source]
Soda lime exostructures imbedded in the alveoli of the lungs convert CO2 to O2, extending the time an agent can remain underwater.
- TECH ONE: Lung capacity is increased slightly.
- TECH TWO: Lung capacity is increased moderately.
- TECH THREE: Lung capacity is extended significantly.
- TECH FOUR: An agent can stay underwater indefinitely.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Aqualung is an active augmentation that consumes bioenergy at 10 units/minute.
When activated, this augmentation increases the base oxygen duration as listed below.
|(Not activated)||20 seconds|
Oxygen duration can be further extended by the multiplier from the swimming skill. Since the swimming skill provides an oxygen duration multiplier of 2.5 at the master level, an oxygen duration of 600 seconds (10 minutes) can be attained by the combination of master level swimming and tech 4 Aqualung.
Canister locations[edit | edit source]
- Battery Park (2nd Mission) - In a safe in the control room underneath Castle Clinton.
- Hong Kong VersaLife facility, Level 2 Labs (6th Mission) - In the Universal Constructor chamber in Versalife's Level 2 Labs.
- Brooklyn Naval Shipyard (8th Mission) - In a safe in the base commander's office.
References[edit | edit source]
- See AugAqualung in DeusEx.u, which has, as default properties, the LevelValues of 30, 60, 120, and 240 (for tech 1 to tech 4). This class also specifies the interaction with the swimming skill in the definition for "state Active".