Combat Strength is an arms slot augmentation in Deus Ex. It is a nanotechnological augmentation that improves the damage of eligible weapons, which include melee weapons in the low-tech skill class, throwing knives, and thrown grenades.
This augmentation is installed from the augmentation canister that also includes Microfibral Muscle. Since there is only one arms slot and only one copy of the canister, Combat Strength and Microfibral Muscle are mutually exclusive options.
Description[edit | edit source]
Sorting rotors accelerate calcium ion concentration in the sarcoplasmic reticulum, increasing an agent's muscle speed several-fold and multiplying the damage they inflict in melee combat.
- TECH ONE: The effectiveness of melee weapons is increased slightly.
- TECH TWO: The effectiveness of melee weapons is increased moderately.
- TECH THREE: The effectiveness of melee weapons is increased significantly.
- TECH FOUR: Melee weapons are almost instantly lethal.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Combat Strength is an active augmentation that consumes 20 units of bioenergy per minute.
When activated, this augmentation increases the damage of eligible weapons by 25% per tier.
The following weapons are affected by Combat Strength:
- Combat knife
- Dragon's Tooth sword
- Throwing knives
- EMP Grenade
- Scramble grenade
Combat Strength affects weapons that have the property bHandtoHand. This includes all low-tech skill weapons except the riot prod and the pepper gun. Additionally, all four types of grenades governed by the demolition skill have the bHandtoHand property, although only the LAM and EMP grenade have a non-zero damage value.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Canister locations[edit | edit source]
- Liberty Island (1st Mission) – On the top level of the statue of liberty, near NSF commander Leo Gold. This is the sole instance of the canister.