The Council of Five is the leadership of the Illuminati. Its members are composed of persons of wealth and influence.
In 2029, the council consists of the following five members:
- Lucius DeBeers, leader of the Illuminati
- Morgan Everett, CEO of Everett Global Enterprises and Picus' Montréal branch, DeBeers' protegé
- Elizabeth DuClare, World Health Organization spokeswoman and their de facto leader
- Stanton Dowd, leader of the Knights Templar
- Volkard Rand
A young Bob Page acts as a protegé to Morgan Everett around this time and can be seen with him in the council.
Bob Page later becomes a member of the Council of Five.
By 2035, the council ceased to exist after the Majestic 12 coup, forcing most, if not all, of the former council members into hiding. MJ12, which took over the Illuminati's role in the world, was led by a Council of Twelve.
The council was not reestablished after the Illuminati's revival after the Collapse. The Illuminati were instead led by Chad Dumier, chairman of the World Trade Organization, and Nicolette DuClare, Her Holiness of the Order Church and the daughter of Elizabeth DuClare, who both saw the ideals and methods of the previous Illuminati as flawed.
- ↑ Deus Ex: Prima's Official Strategy Guide, backstory ("Enter Bob Page, the richest man in the world, current chief of the Majestic 12 project, and member of the Illuminati's ruling five...he concentrated on neutralizing the rest of the five"). The guide also mentions that "a council of five led the Illuminati" (in the backstory) and a "ruling council of five" (in the description for Dowd).