Deus Ex: Human Defiance is the name of a proposed movie based primarily on Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
On 12 July 2012, it was announced that a film adaptation based on the game was being planned by Eidos Montréal and CBS Films, who secured the film rights to the game. On 15 November 2012, it was announced that Scott Derrickson would be directing the film, as well as co-writing the script with C. Robert Cargill. The two had worked together on the film, Sinister. In the same article, it was revealed that Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh would be the film's producers, with John P. Middleton as executive-producer.
According to screenwriter C. Robert Cargill, the movie will not be a rehash of the games and will instead be an original story set around the time of Human Revolution.
On July 22, 2014, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Human Defiance would be re-written by Michael Finch.
In June 2015, Screen Rant reported that the project was moving away from CBS Studios due to the departure of producers Adrian Askarieh and Roy Lee from the studio, and that a new home for the film would be announced "shortly." The article also reported that Askarieh hoped that the announcement would come in summer. However, no further information on the project has been released since then.
- ↑ http://sknr.net/2012/11/15/scott-derrickson-will-direct-deus-ex-human-revolution-for-cbs-films/
- ↑ http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393412/square-enix-files-trademark-for-deus-ex-human-defiance/
- ↑ http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/deus-ex-human-defiance-film-title-not-next-game/
- ↑ "'Deus Ex' movie not a video game rehash, says writer" (Digital Spy)
- ↑ "'Predators' Writer Boards 'Deus Ex' Movie (Exclusive)" (The Hollywood Reporter)
- ↑ "'Deus Ex' Producer Teases Big Movie Announcement 'Soon'" (Screen Rant)