It features approximately 8 hours of director's commentaries and a 45 minute “Making Of” video. It also features an improved visual engine and a complete overhaul of the boss battles.
The Director's Cut has the following new features:
- Improved Textures
- The Missing Link DLC is now fully integrated into the base game.
- Option to start New Game where previously selected Augmentations will carry over, similar to the New Game + mode of modern videogames. Weapons from the previous playthrough will be gone.
- Overhauled Boss Battles, now enabling the player to be more pre-emptive and tactical when confronting bosses.
- 45 Minute "Making Of" video.
- Around 8 hours of commentary from Eidos Montreal
- By default Jensen will be able to regenerate two energy cells on all but the hardest difficulty.
- Players can now use Jensen’s augmentation powers more freely.
Changes include improved shaders, a revamped lighting system and a new fog system that “makes the atmosphere really stand out”. (Citation Needed)
Overhauled Boss BattlesEdit
Boss fights were changed to provide the player more options to deal with bosses, depending on how the player developed their character, although there are no options/paths to completely bypass these battles. Most notably, new hacking/stealth options were added which enable players to set preemptive traps (such as sentries or poison gas) during these battles.
Official Site Edit
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut official home page.