Eidos Montréal is a game development studio from Montréal. It was officially opened at 26 November 2007. Its first product was Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The studio is divided into two parts: the development and Quality Assurance. The total number of employees was supposed to reach 350 in December 2009. The company's offices are located on the 6th floor of the Gordon Brown Building.
The philosophy of the studio is based on four pillars:
- Development of major AAA titles
- Development for PC and next-generation consoles (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii)
- Long pre-production and production cycle (24 months)
- Small, consistent teams (up to 80 people)
The General Manager Stéphane D'Astous opposed the trend of shortening time of development and enlarging teams. He compared it to "trying to get nine women to give birth to a baby in one month".
- ↑ Media Advisory: EIDOS-MONTREAL Official Studio Opening
- ↑ Gamasutra - Better Living Through Order: An Eidos Montréal Studio Tour