|"Once thrown this bomb creates a bright flash that blinds hostile targets in the area and then dies out with slowly fizzling flare. Detonates after a brief duration or can be set to detonate on contact by using the alternate firing mode."|
|— description of Flash Bomb, Deus Ex: Invisible War|
A flash bomb is a grenade in Deus Ex: Invisible War.
Flash bombs are the year 2072's equivalent of flashbangs—stun grenades designed to temporarily incapacitate people via an intensely loud "bang" and blinding flash—causing disorientation, confusion and loss of coordination and balance to the targets.
When the flash bomb explodes, it will stun any organic foes with a blinding white light. If the user is close to the explosion, they will also be blinded. Enemies blinded by the flash bomb will not be able to attack. The effects of the flash bomb last for several seconds.
The primary fire will toss a flash bomb that explodes a few seconds after being thrown, while the alternate fire will explode as soon as it hits the ground.
- Flash bombs are a great way to start an assault. A single flash bomb can stun several enemies, giving the player plenty of time to pick them off.
- The flash bomb's effect radius is large enough that it is effective in almost every area, no matter how big or small it is. The exception is very large areas, like Liberty Island.
- Because the flash bomb's effects work on the player as well, it's best to use the primary fire key to throw the grenade so that there's a reduced chance of it exploding in front of the player, blinding them as well as the enemies.
- Try to bounce flash bombs around corners to ensure that the player will not be affected by it when it explodes.
- If the player is near a flash bomb that's been thrown, looking away from it will not blind the player when it goes off.
- Stealthy players should avoid using flash bombs for the most part, as enemies will be alerted after recovering from the effects of the grenade. However, it can be used to temporarily stop enemies from following the player if they have been spotted.