Biography[edit | edit source]
An engineer by training, Howard Strong sought to rise through the ranks of MJ12. Strong was an MJ12 asset stationed at a missile silo that houses a nuclear missile. When MJ12 troops took control of the silo, Bob Page placed Strong in charge of the MJ12 operation at the silo, which entails the launching the missile against Vandenberg Air Force Base.
At the missile silo, Strong leads a formidable force of MJ12 Troopers, Commandos, and Men in Black, who have either killed or imprisoned the entire workforce of the base. JC Denton arrives at the base to deactivate the missile, but he ends up rerouting the missile to be launched against Area 51 instead. When JC reaches the launch chamber, Strong is aboard a forklift, attempting to destroy the missile manually. However, Strong is unable to accomplish his task, and meets defeat at the hands of JC.
Description[edit | edit source]
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Killing or incapacitating Howard Strong is part of a mission objective for the missile silo phase of the 12th mission. When JC steps on the floor of the silo where Strong is located, Strong will begin throwing LAMs and following up with his Plasma Rifle.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the player manages to climb his forklift (a fairly difficult task, as Howard will be shooting at the player the entire time), he will attack the player with a crowbar, making him one of the only enemies in the game to do so.
- If the player goes to the level above him (level 3), Howard will be unable to hurt the player. A resourceful player can exploit this and kill him without facing his explosives.
- It is not uncommon for Howard to kill himself with his own LAMs.
- If the player has fully-augmented legs, it is possible to jump onto Strong's head from level six; this will understandably result in his immediate demise without having to fight him at all.
- The majority of Strong's lines go unheard due to being played in order, instead of randomly like other NPCs.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 1st Force Recon Company Log
- Dialogue between MJ12 troopers at the missile silo ("So's Page. He hands over an entire operation to an opportunist like Howard Strong.")
- Dialogue from Bob Page ("We have a few minutes to kill before we destroy the missile") and Howard Strong ("This baby's about to blow!")