Biography[edit | edit source]
After rising to fame as a martial arts movie star, Chow's ambitions brought her to the world of business. She became a partner of the Lucky Money club and a director of VersaLife. Through VersaLife, she met Bob Page, leader of Majestic 12. Chow would also become a Majestic 12 member herself. At some point, Chow had a relationship with the second-in-command of the Red Arrow Triad, Max Chen, from which she bore a daughter named Lin-May Chen.
Sometime around 2052, the Red Arrow Triads managed to steal a prototype of the Dragon's Tooth sword from VersaLife. Acting in the interest of Majestic 12, Chow recovered the prototype sword and used it to murder the Red Arrow Leader, Yuen Kong. She then framed the murder on the Luminous Path Triads, thereby instigating a war between the two Triad groups.
Walton Simons commended Chow for her exploitation of the sword theft to escalate tensions between the Triads. Simons saw that the resulting struggle would weaken the native power structure, and solidify Majestic 12's control over Hong Kong, the first step toward expanding Majestic 12's control over China as a whole. Realizing Chow's value, Simons ordered additional MJ12 personnel to be placed under Chow's command for local operations.
At the time of JC Denton's arrival in Hong Kong, Chow lives in a luxurious high-rise penthouse in the Queen's Tower Luxury Suites on Tonnochi Road. According to some, she is well respected and is noted for giving a lot of money to fight drug trafficking and illegal trade. Others observe that she is a bad character who has too much influence in Hong Kong politics.
The Triad war instigated by Chow would come to an end as a result of JC Denton's actions in Hong Kong. Acting on behalf of Gordon Quick, JC discovers the Dragon's Tooth sword in the secret Majestic 12 quarters attached to Chow's penthouse. JC then presents the sword to Max Chen, now the leader of the Red Arrow, as proof that it was Chow who murdered the Red Arrow's former leader. Chow herself meets defeat at the hands of JC Denton.
Description[edit | edit source]
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Maggie Chow is a major character during the 6th mission taking place in Hong Kong. Visiting her penthouse and locating the Dragon's Tooth sword is a required objective in this mission.
- The first possible encounter with Chow is in her penthouse, where she is accompanied by May Sung.
- Chow will provide the optional goal of retrieving evidence from the basement of the police station, which Chow believes will settle the Triad dispute. Chow will not be at the penthouse if JC retrieves the evidence prior to meeting Chow.
- Chow will de-spawn from her penthouse whenever JC enters the MJ12 quarters.
- Chow will not make any further appearances if she is killed or knocked out in her penthouse.
- Chow will later confront JC inside the Universal Constructor chamber of the VersaLife facility. Chow wields a Dragon's Tooth sword during this fight.
- Chow's dialogue here will depend on whether JC retrieved the evidence from the police station.
- If JC retrieved the Dragon's Tooth from Chow's apartment without talking to her, Chow will reprimand him, saying "You have terrible manners, Mr. Denton, stopping by my apartment without even saying hello..."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Her character name and history as an actress (of martial arts films) bears similarities with Hong Kong born actress Maggie Cheung.
See also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Margaret Chow" is listed on a whiteboard in the UNATCO Headquarters.
- Dialogue from the boat person: "Cauterized. The scientific terminology. Someone cut him, but it was a weapon that cannot be explained with current technology."
- "Triad Control" (email on VersaLife Level 1 labs computer)
- Dialogue from a vendor in the Wan Chai Market: "Well respect. She gives a lot of money to fight drug trafficking's and illegal trade."
- Dialogue from a bartender in Hong Kong: "A bad character...Before, she was an actress. Now she is everywhere in Kong Kong."