Military Arms of Ostrava (MAO) is an arms manufacturer based in, as its name suggests, Ostrava, in the Czech Republic. Several of their products are featured in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and other titles of the Deus Ex series that are set in the 2020s.
- PAX-22 Tranquilizer Rifle
- Widowmaker TX
- Widowmaker TX Tech-1, and its variant, the Devastator
- Riot CS gas grenades
- An unnamed submachine gun used by the New Sons of Freedom in 2027.
- MAO also manufacture protection equipment, such as the hip pads used by some Belltower security guards, and the helmets worn by heavy troopers, all clearly marked with the company logo.
- In Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex: The Fall, the packaging for shotgun ammunition shows the logo of MAO, even though the in-game description attributes the ammunition to Kaiga. This error was corrected in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, in which the corresponding ammo packaging shows the logo of Kaiga.
- According to The Art of Deus Ex Universe, the Widowmaker shotgun was designed to convey the characteristic of a weapon that is mass-produced quickly at low manufacturing costs.
- ↑ In the book Deus Ex: Icarus Effect, Secret Service Agent Anna Kelso speaks of a nondescript MAO Submachine gun used by the New Sons of Freedom. This gun's low price and ease of use have made it and the Heckler & Koch MP5 the weapon of choice for terrorists, revolutionaries and other paramilitary groups worldwide, replacing the 80-year old AK-47