Biography[edit | edit source]
Early life[edit | edit source]
With the help of her mother's influence, Nicolette was admitted to the Collège de Sorbonne. There, she met Chad Dumier, who would later become the leader of the alleged terrorist group Silhouette. Nicolette resided at the Chateau DuClare but eventually left the residence due to her desire to be free from the control of her mother and the other Illuminati.
Nicolette did not embrace the Illuminati's philosophy of global control, but supported her mother's plans against Majestic 12. Nicolette provided financial support to Silhouette, in part because she wanted to help Chad, but also because she realized that the group was important to her mother's plans. After her mother was assassinated by Majestic 12, Nicolette assumed control of her mother's assets. Through her mother's estate, Nicolette continued to provide financial support to Silhouette.
2052[edit | edit source]
In his quest to meet the Illuminati leader, Morgan Everett, JC Denton searches for Nicolette after Chad Dumier informs him that Nicolette is his best bet of contacting Everett. At the club La Porte de l'Enfer in Paris, JC finds Nicolette in a corner of the club's upper level, and asks her (while not knowing who she is) to contact Nicolette for him. Assured that JC is not an MJ12 agent, Nicolette meets JC behind the club and reveals her identity. She tells JC that she will help him simply to make trouble for Majestic 12.
Nicolette then takes JC to her mother's chateau outside of Paris to find her mother's computer, through which JC can contact Everett. She leads JC to certain locations, including her mother's bedroom, to find clues as to where her mother's computer is hidden. Eventually, JC finds the secret basement where Beth's computer lab is hidden. JC contacts Everett and leaves the chateau.
2072[edit | edit source]
Although she originally rejected her mother's Illuminati philosophies, Nicolette was affected deeply by the events of the Great Collapse, and would use her mother's Illuminati connections to join and eventually gain control of the organization with her lover, Dumier. The two plotted to reshape the world in the wake of the chaos, and possibly to take control of the world on the best way experience has taught them, through social division, caused by the Collapse. Nicolette founded the Order Church to serve as the antithesis of the World Trade Organization headed by Chad, and became known as "Her Holiness." With the members of the two organizations fighting each other, Nicolette and Dumier manage to control them to a surprisingly high degree.
When Alex Denton travels to Trier, Germany, Alex learns that Nicolette was taken hostage by the Knights Templar at the Black Gate Ruins. After Alex rescues Nicolette and encounters Dumier, Nicolette reveals her identity and involvement with the Illuminati. From that point on, Nicolette openly assists Dumier in his actions and tries to convince Alex to side with the Illuminati.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Deus Ex[edit | edit source]
- Nicolette is involved with multiple primary goals in Paris. She is first encountered while completing the primary goal "Find Nicolette DuClare."
- Nicolette follows JC as long as he is in the chateau. After JC contacts Everett and leaves the chateau, Nicolette does not reappear in the remainder of the game.
- Nicolette is an invincible character throughout the entire game.
Deus Ex: Invisible War[edit | edit source]
- Nicolette is eventually revealed to be a faction leader of the Illuminati. If Alex refuses to side with the Illuminati in the endgame at Liberty Island, Nicolette will be hostile.
- Either Nicolette or Chad must survive in order to finish the game under the Illuminati ending.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Some conspiracy, huh? They couldn't even control little Nicolette."
- "People want to believe certain things about their leaders. That's always been our key to power." (in Deus Ex: Invisible War)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Multiple e-mails in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, in the Picus Newsroom, are apparently sent by Nicolette DuClare. This is most likely a mistake by the game's developers, as Nicolette is around eighteen years of age in the original Deus Ex, meaning that she was born after the events of Human Revolution. According to Mary de Marle, this mistake was made when she and Sheldon Pacotti were adding characters from the first game to the story. She coyly suggested that the Nicolette in Deus Ex may be a clone of the Nicolette employed at Picus rather than a clone of Beth DuClare.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Nicolette DuClare's computer in Deus Ex
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Nicolette, referring to her previous home, Chateau DuClare: "My little prison for eighteen years."
- Dialogue from Nicolette: "Even when we were on bad terms, I continued to deliver money to Silhouette, because I knew how important they were to my mother's plans" and "I also wanted to help Chad."
- Dialogue from Chad ("Through her mother's estate, she has provided Silhouette with immense amounts of funding.")
- Too many pro-augs; Purity first nut