Travel between Překážka and the districts north of the railroad is possible only through the metro station.
Notable locations Edit
Čapkova Kašna (Čapek Fountain) and vicinity Edit
- Zeleň Apartments – The starting point of the open-exploration part of Mankind Divided. This apartment complex contains many units, including Adam Jensen's apartment and Tars' shop.
- Across from Zeleň Apartments is a courtyard where Kazatel is initially located.
- Svobody Beer – A bar attended by Teresa Petrauskas.
- Church of the MachineGod – Home of Allison Staněk's splinter faction of the Singularity Church of the MachineGod. Accessible only during and after M11: Confronting the Bomb-Maker. The church is located on an alleyway called Nadherná Budoucnost (Czech for "wonderful future").
- Felice Ullmann's apartment, facing the fountain.
- Minimarket Prague – A small shop run by Edward Brod.
- Čapek Fountain Station (Čapkova Kašna Nádraží) – The metro station that connects Překážka to the other parts of Prague.
Pod zelenými stromy ("under the green trees") Edit
- Vincent van Aug – An art gallery featuring works of augmented artists.
- Velvet Rock – A sculpture consisting of a large rock hung by chains. According to the landmark description, it is a homage to the Velvet Revolution.
- A courtyard occupied by homeless and Neon dealers.
- The Underpath, which includes the interior of an abandoned local tourism office.
- Koníčky & Hračky – A toys workshop serving as the base of Drahomír Koníčky's forgery and extortion operation.
- A second floor apartment near Koníčky & Hračky and the meeting site of Per Aspera Ad Astra, a group helping augmented persons to reintegrate with the rest of the community.
East-side areas Edit
- The Time Machine – A bookstore run by Václav Koller.
- Police checkpoint, attended by "permit inspector" Drahomír Koníčky and his group.
- The apartment of Helena Volin, an artist, located above the police checkpoint.
- The Chicken Foot - A Chinese restaurant/bar.
- Pawn Shop.
- Radko Perry's campaign office.
Překážka sewers Edit
Main article: Překážka sewers
- Neon lab, the center of Neon production.
- Richard the Great's facility.
- In the northeast part of the sewers is a large room. Paulina Machieraldo and her group are found there during the first and second visits to Prague.
- Překážka is associated with the name "poor district," which appears in developer commentary and occasionally in in-game texts. The name "poor district" might have been the name for Překážka during the game's development.
- Čapkova Kašna (Čapek Fountain or Čapek's Fountain) is presumably named after Karel Čapek, an early 20th century Czech writer and playwright. Čapek is most famous for his novel War with the Newts and the play R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots), which introduced the word robot (derived from the Czech word "robota," meaning "servitude" or "work"). This is one of the earliest literary works, if not the first, that depicts the "robot as a threat" trope and an uprising of artificial intelligent beings, though certainly not the first one to feature an artificial being.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.