Tars Rytíř is a black market merchant in Prague in 2029. He operates from apartment 21 of the Zeleň Apartments complex, the same building where Adam Jensen lives. He sells various types of weapons, ammunition, weapon mods, as well as crafting parts and consumables.
He is the only merchant in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided who sells Praxis kits. Tars has a total of 4 kits for sale: 2 kits initially, 1 more after Jensen returns from the Golem City, and 1 more after Jensen returns from G.A.R.M.
- Different vendors give different prices for different things. Tars pays 60% more for alcohol, tools, and medicine.
- Tars and his bodyguards will become hostile if they notice you stealing items or hacking things in the shop, though if you block their line of sight with a large object such as say, a fridge or dumpster, then they will not react. Adam is allowed to steal one item before they open fire.
- Tars and his bodyguards may attack Jensen alongside the nearby police officers if he witness the player taking on the Picus-hired thugs at the end of 01011000.
- Due to a bug, Tars' inventory may be incorrect for a given visit to Prague. For example, his inventory may fail to update immediately after returning from Golem City or G.A.R.M., or his inventory may be incorrectly set to what is normally sold on a later visit to Prague. Whether this bug is in effect can be determined by comparing his current inventory with his standard inventory as listed below.
- This bug can usually be resolved by traveling to and from other areas by metro. It may be necessary to repeatedly travel between Překážka (the southern part of Prague) and another area several times until the bug is fixed. Alternatively, if this bug occurs during the second visit to Prague, completing M8: Tracking Down the Real Terrorists and/or M9: Checking Out the Men in Charge may also resolve the bug.
Tars has the following merchandise for sale:
|Item||Item Price,||Quantity on Each Prague Visit|
|Crafting Parts (100)||500||2||2||1|
|Combat Rifle Regular Ammo (20)||300||3||3||3|
|Combat Rifle Armor Piercing Ammo (20)||700||2||3||3|
|Combat Rifle EMP Ammo (20)||500||3||3||3|
|Pistol Regular Ammo (15)||150||3||5||3|
|Pistol EMP Ammo (15)||300||4||3||4|
|Typhoon Ammo (3)
Typhoon Ammo (5)
|Shotgun Armor Piercing Ammo (10)||750||2||—||—|
|Nanoblade Ammo (8)||1600||2||2||—|
|TESLA Cartridge (8)||1600||2||2||2|
|Revolver Regular Ammo (10)||350||2||2||—|
|Stun Gun Ammo (10)||800||2||2||2|
Said by Tars:
- "You want Praxis, eh? Biocell, hypostim, painkillers? [...] I sell these things."
- "Buy something."
- "Buy now, you won't have to come back."
- "Fuck off then. Next time, maybe not fuck off."
- "Блядские уёбки." ("Blyadskie uyobki.", meaning "fucking dickheads" in Russian)
- "Что за хуйня?" ("Chto za hujnja?", meaning "What the fuck?" in Russian)
- "You need a pick-me up?"
- "Tars is the man. He'll set you up." (Tars' bodyguard)
- The surname "Rytíř" is listed in the residents directory at the entryway of the apartment complex.