Tars Rytíř is a black market merchant in Prague in 2029. He operates from apartment 21 of the Zeleň Apartments complex, the same building where Adam Jensen lives. He sells various types of weapons, ammunition, weapon mods, as well as crafting parts and consumables.
He is the only merchant in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided who sells Praxis kits. Tars has a total of 4 kits for sale: 2 kits initially, 1 more after Jensen returns from the Golem City, and 1 more after Jensen returns from G.A.R.M.
- Different vendors give different prices for different things. Tars pays more for alcohol, tools, and medicine.
- Tars and his bodyguards will become hostile if they notice you stealing items or hacking things in the shop, though if you block their line of sight with a large object such as say, a fridge or dumpster, then they will not react. Adam is allowed to steal one item before they open fire.
- Tars and his bodyguards may attack Jensen alongside the nearby police officers if he witness the player taking on the Picus-hired thugs at the end of 01011000.
- Tars' bodyguards are the weakest armed NPCs in the game.
- His inventory sometimes glitches in being the wrong inventory set for a given visit to Prague. For example, his inventory on the second visit to Prague may incorrectly be the inventory normally sold on the first visit to Prague (or what remains of them), and his inventory on the first visit to Prague may incorrectly be the inventory normally sold on the third visit. Knocking him out and letting one of his guards revive him might resolve the glitch.
Tars has the following merchandise for sale:
|Item||Item Price,||Quantity on Each Prague Visit|
|Crafting Parts (100)||500||2||2||1|
|Combat Rifle Regular Ammo (20)||300||3||3||3|
|Combat Rifle Armor Piercing Ammo (20)||700||2||3||3|
|Combat Rifle EMP Ammo (20)||500||3||3||3|
|Pistol Regular Ammo (15)||150||3||5||3|
|Pistol EMP Ammo (15)||300||4||3||4|
|Typhoon Ammo (3) |
Typhoon Ammo (5)
|Shotgun Armor Piercing Ammo (10)||750||2||—||—|
|Nanoblade Ammo (8)||1600||2||2||—|
|TESLA Cartridge (8)||1600||2||2||2|
|Revolver Regular Ammo (10)||350||2||2||—|
|Stun Gun Ammo (10)||800||2||2||2|
Said by Tars:
- "You want Praxis, eh? Biocell, hypostim, painkillers? [...] I sell these things."
- "Buy something."
- "Buy now, you won't have to come back."
- "Fuck off then. Next time, maybe not fuck off."
- "Блядские уёбки." ("Blyadskie uyobki.", meaning "fucking dickheads" in Russian)
- "Что за хуйня?" ("Chto za hujnja?", meaning "What the fuck?" in Russian)
- "You need a pick-me up?"
- "Tars is the man. He'll set you up." (Tars' bodyguard)
- ↑ The surname "Rytíř" is listed in the residents directory at the entryway of the apartment complex.