Spoilers for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - A Criminal Past follow!
A native of Detroit, Zenga was going to become a stand-up comedian, but ran afoul of the law through an unfortunate series of downward spirals, questionable moral choices, and many illegal activities. He was eventually arrested by Adam Jensen in 2022 at The Howie Bazaar Club for having sex with underage prostitutes. While attempting to flee, Zenga fell down a flight of stairs, hitting his head on each step on the way down. He has held a grudge against Jensen ever since, though he cannot recall Jensen's real name.
Some time after the Aug Incident, Zenga is transferred to the newly opened Penley T. Housefather Correctional Facility (also known as the "Pent House"), an aug-only supermax in Arizona, along with many other augmented convicts.
In A Criminal Past, when Jensen is sent to the Pent House for an undercover mission by posing as a convict, Zenga is one of the first inmates he meets. Upon recognizing Jensen, Zenga confronts him, angry with his past arrest, and threatens to beat him before leaving the yard. He also tries to convince the other inmates that Jensen is a cop, all the while attempting to remember Jensen's real name.
Zenga will appear near the end of the game and prevent Jensen from using a mission-critical elevator. While he is initially non-hostile and can be knocked out or killed, Jensen may also choose to talk to him. If Jensen talks to him three times, Zenga will finally remember Jensen's real name, at which point he attacks him.
An email found in the administrative offices of Pent House indicates that the state parole board has denied Zenga's final parole hearing request of the calendar year, on the grounds that Zenga poses a high risk of re-offending and has not shown signs of rehabilitation.
- Killing Zenga early will not change the story in any way, or bring any consequences to you, except that it will preclude the confrontation at the elevator. Zenga carries a magnum revolver firing armor-piercing bullets, and more bullets and a praxis kit, all of which can be looted if he is incapacitated.
- "You threw me down a flight of stairs. My head hit. Every. Fucking. Step. You don't forget something like that."
- "What the fuck are you doing here, Jonson? Nah, it wasn't Johnson. What the hell was it? Johansen?"
- Character information on A Criminal Past loading screen
- "Parole hearing request T. Zenga"