This page lists all weapons in Deus Ex. Weapons in Deus Ex are divided into five categories, each respectively corresponding to one of five weapon skills (Weapons: Low-Tech, Weapons: Pistol, Weapons: Rifle, Weapons: Heavy, and Weapons: Demolition). Effectiveness in using weapons depends on the mastery level in the relevant weapon skill.
Low-Tech skill weapons[edit | edit source]
|Combat Knife||5||1||0.0||50||5 / 5*|
|Crowbar||6||2||0.0||50||5 / 5*|
|Sword||10||3||0.0||50||4 / 4*|
|Dragon's Tooth Sword||20x5||4||0.0||50||6 / 6*|
|Throwing Knives||15||1||0.0||55||40 / 80*|
|Baton||7||1||0.0||50||5 / 5*|
|Pepper Gun||Pepper Cartridge||0||1||100||13.3||4||0.0||65||6 / 6|
|Riot Prod||Prod Charger||15||1||4||1.0||3.0||0.0||75||5 / 5|
- *The range of these weapons is not displayed the inventory interface.
Pistol skill weapons[edit | edit source]
|Pistol||10mm||14||1||6||1.6||2.0||0.3||65||150 / 300|
|Stealth Pistol||10mm||8||1||10||6.6*||1.5||0.1||60||150 / 300|
|5 + 5 / tick (Tranq.)**
5 (Flare darts)
|1||4||1.2||2.0||0.0||60||50 / 100|
|PS20||(one-use)||8***||1||0.0||100||900 / 1500|
- *The stealth pistol's actual rate of fire is less than half of the displayed value of 6.6.
- **The damage of the mini-crossbow is incorrectly displayed as 25 in the inventory interface. The tranquilizer dart does 5 initial non-lethal damage and 5 non-lethal damage per tick over 8 ticks, with 2 second between successive ticks.
- ***The damage of the PS20 is incorrectly displayed as 25 in the inventory interface.
Rifle skill weapons[edit | edit source]
|2x2||30||10.0||3.0||0.50||65||300 / 600*|
|Sniper Rifle||30.06||25||4||6||0.6||2.0||0.40||75||1800 / 3k|
|Assault Shotgun||12ga Buckshot
|4x5||2x2||12||1.4**||4.5||0.70||60||75 / 150|
|Sawed-off Shotgun||12ga Buckshot
|5x5||3||4||3.3**||3.0||0.50||70||75 / 150|
- *These values apply only to 7.62x51mm ammunition. The 20mm HE has an accurate range of 25 feet.
- **These ROF values are displayed in the inventory interface but are incorrect. The actual ROF of the assault shotgun is much higher than that of the sawed-off shotgun.
Heavy skill weapons[edit | edit source]
|300||4x2||1||0.5||2.0||1.0||75||900 / 1500|
|Flamethrower||Napalm Canister||5*||4x2||100||10.0||5.5||0.0||55||20 / 20|
|Plasma Rifle||Plasma Clip||8x3**||4x2||12||2.0||2.0||0.30||70||900 / 1500|
|LAW||(one-use)||1000***||4||1.0||70||900 / 1500|
- *The damage of the flamethrower is incorrectly displayed as 2 in the inventory interface.
- **The damage of the plasma rifle is incorrectly displayed as 105 in the inventory interface.
- ***The damage of the LAW is incorrectly displayed as 100 in the inventory interface.
Demolition skill weapons[edit | edit source]
|EMP grenade||100 (EMP)*||0.0||50|
|Scramble grenade||100 (NanoVirus)*||0.0||50|
- *These grenades are displayed as having 0 base damage in the inventory interface; they do not inflict any actual damage, but have a base damage value of 100 for purposes of special gameplay mechanics.
- *The damage of the LAM is incorrectly displayed as 50 in the inventory interface.
Projectile and damage type data[edit | edit source]
|Weapon||Attack Method||Projectile Data||Damage Type|
|Internal Name||Speed||Blast Radius|
|Low-tech skill weapons|
|Dragon's Tooth Sword||Hitscan||–||–||–||Shot|
|Pistol skill weapons|
|Mini-Crossbow||Projectile||DartPoison||2000||–||Poison + Poison Effect|
|PS20||Projectile||PlasmaBolt||1500||300 (18.5 ft.)||Burn|
|Rifle skill weapons|
|Projectile||HECannister20mm||1000||512 (32 ft.)||Exploded|
|Assault Shotgun||Hitscan||–||–||–||Shot / Sabot|
|Sawed-off Shotgun||Hitscan||–||–||–||Shot / Sabot|
|Heavy skill weapons|
|GEP Gun||Projectile||Rocket||1000||192 (12 ft.)||Exploded|
|RocketWP||1000||512 (32 ft.)||Flamed + Burned|
|Flamethrower||Projectile||Fireball||800||1*||Flamed + Burned|
|Plasma Rifle||Projectile||PlasmaBolt||1500||300 (18.5 ft.)||Burned|
|LAW||Projectile||RocketLaw||1000||768 (48 ft.)||Exploded|
|Demolition skill weapons|
|EMP grenade||Projectile||EMPGrenade||1000||512 (32 ft.)||EMP|
|Gas grenade||Projectile||GasGrenade||1000||512 (32 ft.)||TearGas|
|Scramble grenade||Projectile||NanoVirusGrenade||1000||512 (32 ft.)||Nanovirus|
|LAM||Projectile||LAM||1000||384 (24 ft.)||Exploded|
- *These projectiles have a defined blast radius but are non-explosive.
Weapon modifications[edit | edit source]
See Weapon modifications (DX) for a list of weapon modifications and their compatibility.
Weapon attributes[edit | edit source]
Weapons have one of two attack methods:
- Histcan – Hitscan (instant-hit) weapons register attacks instantly, without requiring a projectile to travel to the target.
- Projectile – Projectile weapons launch projectiles (such as a rocket, crossbow dart, plasma bolt, fireball, or grenade) that must physically travel through the game environment in order to reach their target.
- For projectiles that explode over area-of-effect, the "blast radius" attribute defines the size of the explosion.
Weapons are associated with the following attributes:
- Ammo – The ammunition used by the weapon.
- Some weapons are capable of using multiple types of ammunition. Different types of ammunition may fire different types of projectiles and may have different respective damage types.
- Damage – Each weapon has a base damage.
- Damage can be raised by weapon skill (from untrained to master: +0, +20%, +50% and +100%). Note that these bonuses are incorrectly displayed as 0, 10%, 25% and 50% in the inventory interface.
- Damage can also be raised by Targeting (10% per augmentation level) and Combat Strength (25% damage per augmentation level; melee weapons and grenades only).
- For projectile weapons, the projectile launched by the weapon has its own base damage that is separate from the nominal base damage of the weapon. The projectile's base damage is the one that governs, while the nominal base damage of the weapon has no actual effect in gameplay. Therefore, where there is a discrepancy between the projectile's base damage and the weapon's nominal base damage, the projectile's base damage is listed on this page as the true base damage of the weapon. However, in many instances the inventory interface will "incorrectly" display the weapon's nominal base damage.
- See Damage (DX) for additional information on this attribute, including damage multipliers.
- See Damage Types (DX) for information on the categories of damage that are inflicted by weapons and projectiles of weapons.
- See Explosions (DX) for information on how explosion damage is calculated.
- See also Health (DX) for information on health mechanics.
- Size – The number of squares that the weapon occupies in the inventory grid.
- Clip – The clip size of the weapon (in number of rounds). Clip size can be increased by the clip modification.
- ROF – The rate of fire of the weapon (in rounds per second), as displayed in the inventory interface.
- Reload – The nominal reload time of the weapon (in seconds), as displayed in the inventory interface.
- The nominal reload time is actually only the middle portion of the full reload duration. The starting and ending segments of the full reload are not listed in-game, and are not affected by any bonus.
- The middle portion of the reload duration can be decreased by the reload modification, as well as by weapon skill, and by the Targeting augmentation.
- Recoil – The recoil of the weapon. Recoil can be lowered by recoil modifications, weapon skill (from untrained to master: 0, -0.2, -0.5 and -1), and the Targeting augmentation.
- Accuracy (Acc.) – The accuracy rating of the weapon (in %).
- Accuracy can be improved by weapon skill (from untrained to master: +0, +5%, +12.5% and +25%), the Targeting augmentation, and accuracy modifications.
- For weapons with an equipped scope, accuracy determines scope sway.
- The laser modification and scope modification also affect actual accuracy.
- See Accuracy (DX) for additional information on this attribute.
- Range – The accurate range and the maximum range of the weapon (both in feet).
- The accurate range is the range up to which the weapon (or projectile launched by the weapon) is not affected by gravity. The accurate range of hitscan weapons can be increased by the range modification.
- The maximum range is the range beyond which hitscan weapons will not register a hit. Maximum range has no actual effect on projectile weapons.
- See Range (DX) for additional information on this attribute.
NPC weapons[edit | edit source]
In addition to the weapons usable by the player character listed above, Deus Ex includes additional weapons that are usable only by specific types of NPCs, including creatures and robots.
- Creatures – Dog Bite, Gray Psionic Blast, Gray Swipe, Greasel Spit, Karkian Bite, Karkian Bump, Cat Scratch, Rat Bite (unused)
- Robots – Robot MG, Robot Rocket, WeaponSpiderBot, WeaponSpiderBot2
- MJ12 Commando – MJ12 Commando Gun, MJ12 Rocket Launcher
See also[edit | edit source]
- Weapons, for weapons in other games in the Deus Ex series